| DK Island|
|Home stage to||SSB|
|Tournament legal (SSB)|
|Tournament legal (SSBM)|
Congo Jungle is a stage in Super Smash Bros.. It is Donkey Kong's home stage. Congo Jungle is also known as Past Stages: Kongo Jungle in Super Smash Bros. Melee and is one of the three past stages that can be unlocked. To unlock this stage, the player must beat 15-minute Melee. It is based on various levels from Donkey Kong Country, with pre-rendered backgrounds, environmental themes and songs, and most notable in a battle, use of a Barrel Cannon for transportation (usually for a vertical recovery).
This stage appears as a starter stage in Super Smash Bros. This stage is made up of a big platform with four small platforms above it. Two small stationary platforms are above the left and right sections of the stage, and between them are two smaller platforms that circulate clockwise. The main platform can be passed through from below, but not from above. Under the stage there is a Barrel Cannon that can greatly aid many characters' recovery. A player that gets into the barrel can exit either by pressing a button or waiting for a certain period of time. In either case, they will be shot in the direction that the arrow on the barrel is currently pointing. There can only be one character at the time in the barrel.
This stage is a legal stage.
Past Stages: Kongo JungleEdit
The Kongo Jungle Stage is reused in Super Smash Bros. Melee as an unlockable stage under this name. It is a counter-pick legal stage. The stage itself is a near-exact copy of the original version, only being slightly larger. There also seems to be a short delay when the player is launched from the barrel, which can almost always spell doom for the mis-aimed character in many cases. Unlock it by completing 15 Min. Melee.
- Ness has a slight advantage as he can go below the stage, into the barrel cannon.
- Kirby is at a slight advantage due to the barrel assisting his recovery.
- Yoshi has a disadvantage as when Yoshi double jumps into a cannon, he loses his double jump and is easily gimped.
- Captain Falcon has an advantage, as it is easier to spike and easy to kill on sides, but it's more difficult to combo.
- Donkey Kong has a decent advantage, due to the stage being DK's Home Turf; easier to spike, barrel compensates for poor vertical recovery.
- Link has an advantage, because he can use the barrel to greatly aid his poor recovery.
- Mario can utilize the barrel to make up for his predictable recovery, and is normal in all other cases.
- Luigi is at a disadvantage due to high ceiling.
- Jigglypuff has an advantage; it's recovery is easier, easy to kill on sides.
- Samus can rely on the barrel cannon to make up for her poor recovery, but is otherwise normal.
- Pikachu is overall a medium pick, if anything worse because other characters are aided by the barrel (Pikachu is helped too, but not as noticeable as the other character's)
- Fox is slightly worse as it is more difficult to camp.
- Captain Falcon
- Donkey Kong
- Young Link
- Dr. Mario
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Ice Climbers
This stage comes from Donkey Kong Country. In 'the level called Blackout Basement, there are two platforms that oscillate up and down. Later in the game is a level called Platform Perils which has platforms with arrows on them that move when the player jumps on them and they move in the direction that the arrow is pointing. These levels may bring the elements of the moving platforms of this stage.
Also from Donkey Kong Country are barrels that the player could get shot out of. Certain barrels can move up and down, left and right, or move diagonally. There were also barrels that remained stationary, but they rotated around. In Donkey Kong Country 2 there are arrow barrels that fire at whatever direction it is pointing. In this stage there is an arrow barrel, but the barrel also moves side to side and can rotate. In the background near the sunset, a flock of Neckies can sometimes be seen flying across the horizon. In Donkey Kong Country, Neckies were among the most common enemies 
The song that plays on this stage is from Donkey Kong Country's Jungle levels.