- For fighter info, see Lucas (SSBB).
Fan made clay model of Lucas from MOTHER 3.
|Debut||MOTHER 3 (2006)|
|Console of origin||Game Boy Advance (Originally planned for the Nintendo 64)|
|Homeworld||Tazmily Village, Located In The Nowhere Islands.|
|English voice actor||Lani Minella|
Lucas is the main protagonist of the Gameboy Advance game MOTHER 3. He is a timid young boy that is 6-8 years old at the beginning of the game, and 9-11 at the end. is mother, Hinawa, died protecting Lucas and Claus from a mechanized Drago. Lucas is Claus' younger twin.
After the first three chapters of the game (when he grows up), he is drafted by Wess to find Duster at Club Titiboo. On the way, he learns PSI and begins to battle the Pigmask Army and pulls 4 of the 7 sacred needles to awaken the Dark Dragon living under the Nowhere Islands, the other 3 being pulled by his twin brother, Claus, who was transformed into a cyborg and brainwashed by the Pigmask Army after he tried to avenge his mother.
In Super Smash Bros. MeleeEdit
A popular rumor states that in Super Smash Bros. Melee, Lucas was meant to replace Ness as a playable character, but Ness was included due to time constraints. The rumor was substantiated by Sakurai himself on July 17th, 2001 when he updated the original Melee site with Ness's profile.
- ("Actually, at first, I planned to change him [Ness] into the protagonist of MOTHER 3 [Lucas], but for various reasons during the delay, I settled back on the original idea.")
Sakurai states that Ness was intended to be replaced by the protagonist of MOTHER 3 (Lucas) in Melee, but since MOTHER 3 had been delayed--indefinitely, at the time--Ness returned for SSBM. Both Ness and Lucas appear as playable characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
In Super Smash Bros. BrawlEdit
- Main article: Lucas (SSBB)
Lucas has been confirmed to be a new playable character for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, accompanying Ness as a representative of the EarthBound series. His Special Moves have been revealed on the Super Smash Bros. DOJO!! website. The majority of Lucas' Special Moves are much like Ness' moves from the previous two games. Ness does in fact return as a hidden character, and his special moves differ only slightly from Lucas'. For example, Lucas' PK Thunder goes through opponents, while Ness' PK Thunder does not, indicating him as a semi-clone, though his other attacks are mostly unique.
One of Lucas' costumes in Brawl roughly reflects what his brother, Claus, looks like.
- The younger of twin brothers living in Tazmily Village in the Nowhere Islands. He's a kind boy who can communicate with animals, but he's shy and never really got over the tragedy that struck his mother. He fights a warped dictatorship, hunts the Seven Needles, and crosses swords with his missing brother, Claus. In the end, the young boy with psychic PSI powers grows up.
- Mother 3 (2006)
- Lucas' PSI shapes are Polygon-based(Hexagons to be exact) compared to Ness', which are Circle-based. This is because in Mother 3, Lucas's special attack, PK Love, has hexagon animations and because of that, his PSI shapes are hexagonal shaped.
- In a cutscene of the Subspace Emissary, Lucas is chased by the King Pig Statue. While running he trips over a root. The next scene, his foot is tangled under the root. This may be a graphical error.
- Lucas's eyes have a slight shade of blue or purple if you look closely.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found