| Mushroom Kingdom|
|Home stage to||Mario|
|Tournament legal (SSB)|
- For the similarly-named stage in Super Smash Bros. Melee, see Mushroom Kingdom: Princess Peach's Castle.
Peach's Castle (Jap. ピーチ城上空) from the Super Mario Bros. Games is Mario & Luigi's home stage in Super Smash Bros. It does not return in Melee, although a similar stage (Mushroom Kingdom: Princess Peach's Castle) does. In 1P Game, the player fights a Mario and Luigi team on this stage. It is considered legal in tournament play.
Even though this stage does not appear in Super Smash Bros. Melee, a portion of the music that plays on it plays during the cutscene where Luigi takes Mario's place in Melee's Adventure Mode.
This stage's elements come from Super Mario 64. The stage could possibly take place somewhere in the sky above Peach's Castle, hence the fact that, in the background, one can see that Peach's Castle is very far below the actual stage. The sign seen on the lower level is also from the game, and the bridges likely are inspired by the broken bridges seen in the Cool, Cool Mountain course. The triangular-pyramidal platforms seen on the upper sides of the stage resemble the ones seen in stages with dangerous ground, like Lethal Lava Land, which move around in accordance to Mario's placing. Unlike said platforms, these ones do not move at all, let alone are not activated by weight.
The music is a remixed version of the originial Super Mario Bros. theme. It can also be heard in Melee during the cutscene in Adventure Mode before the fight with Luigi, though the track is absent in the Sound Test.
Peach's Castle has two main platforms, one on top of another. It is possible to fall through the top platform. The bottom platform partially comprises of a block going left to right. On the top two corners there are two floating, inward-angled platforms that prevent people from being smashed away too easily. It has a floating Bumper on the middle above the second platform of the stage. This bumper moves slightly left and right (it remains stationary on 1P Mode though). It is harder to recover from this stage since the two floating platforms limit recovery to the top platform and there are no ledges, aside the moving brick platform on the bottom of the stage which isn't always on the side the player is on.
Character strengths/weaknesses Edit
- Kirby has an easy recovery. Otherwise, it is weak.
- Pikachu has easy recovery. Otherwise, it is weak.
- Ness is stronger due to its DJC going down air
- Yoshi is stronger due to its DJC going down air.
- Captain Falcon's worst stage (harder to air combo and recover)
- DK is somewhat stronger due to easy spikes/up b hits
- Link is weaker (even less recovery)
- Mario is normal (average movement)
- Luigi is slightly better (low ceiling)
- Jigglypuff is weaker (harder to combo in the air)
- Samus is slightly below average (recovery weaker though easier down airs)