- For the reverse effect, see Vacuum.
Push is a common side effect in Brawl of many attacks, such as Water Gun, that causes characters, as well as certain items, to be gently pushed away from the source of pushing. Most kinds of Push work on both airborne and standing opponents. Characters hanging from edges are not affected by this. It is usually much more difficult to fight Push than vacuum.
From a physics standpoint, Push is simply knockback without flinching or hitstun. If two characters overlap each other, push will affect either character that is standing still. In Melee, if this doesn't occur in a match, the friendly foe bonus is awarded.
Sources of PushEdit
- Water Gun when charged up.
- Ness's PSI Magnet, upon ending the move.
- Link's Gale Boomerang at the edge of its range.
- Toon Link's Down aerial, when it pierces into the ground.
- Jigglypuff's Puff Up (if foe is close to her body)
- Sheik's Vanish upon reappearing.
- Pit's Wings of Icarus just as the move is initiated.
- The firefighters on either side of Mr. Game & Watch's Fire, while he is being launched into the air, and his Up Aerial, when above the hitbox.
|This Super Smash Bros. related article or section is a stub. You can help SmashWiki by expanding it.|