Almost always a neutral aerial, though sometimes a back aerial, the signature aspect of a sex kick is that they are stronger during the initial thrust and weaker afterwards (with the exception of Dr. Mario's sex kick, which is weaker in the first few frames). In Brawl, the initial hit can connect for only the first frame of the attack. While some sex kicks only have one hitbox for the thrust, others have a series which grow progressively weaker. Other typical attributes of a sex kick include low startup time and landing lag.
Although the term classically refers to only neutral aerials, smashers often extend its usage to other aerial attacks with similar properties, such as Fox's back aerial in Melee. Captain Falcon's Knee Smash is an extreme example of a sex kick, with enormous power when it first comes out and little knockback after the strong hitbox has faded.
List of Sex KicksEdit
Almost every character has one sex kick: their neutral aerial. The two exceptions are Donkey Kong, whose sex kick is his back aerial, and Fox, whose neutral and back aerial are both sex kicks, making Fox the only character with two.
- Dr. Mario - Dr. Mario is the only character whose sex kick gets stronger the longer it's out.
- Young Link
- Captain Falcon
- Captain Falcon - Forward aerial
- Diddy Kong - Neutral aerial
- King Dedede - Neutral and back aerial. His back aerial is considered by many the best sex kick in Brawl, due to its damage, speed, range, priority, and duration.
- Falco - Back aerial
- Fox - Neutral aerial
- Jigglypuff - Forward and neutral aerial
- Kirby - Back aerial
- Link - Neutral aerial
- Lucario - Neutral aerial
- Luigi - Neutral aerial. The only sex kick with purely vertical knockback.
- Mario - Neutral aerial
- Samus - Neutral aerial
- Sheik - Back and neutral aerial
- Snake - Back aerial
- Sonic - Back aerial
- Squirtle - Forward and back aerial
- Wario - Forward aerial
- Yoshi - Neutral aerial
- Zero Suit Samus - Flip Jump kick