Featured articles are considered to be the best articles on SmashWiki, as determined by our editors. Before being listed here, articles are reviewed at featured article candidates for accuracy, completeness, and style. A small bronze star on an article's page indicates that the article is featured.
More information on the setup can be found on Featured Article System on Inside Wikia.
You can view all featured article snippets on SmashWiki:Featured content/Full.
How to requests that an article be featuredEdit
To propose an article be featured, please do the following:
- Create a heading under "Proposed featured articles" that looks like this: ===Article Name===, where "Article Name" is the full name of the article you believe is worthy of being labeled as a featured article.
- Briefly explain why this article merits featured article status.
- Be sure to sign your proposition with ~~~~
Proposed featured articlesEdit
- May I ask why? FA's are supposed to be the wiki's best articles, no? None of them extremely stand out. They are more so circumstantial cases, as they have special features/quirks. The only one of those would possibly be Smashville, as that is more than a simple "stage" article.Smoreking(T) (c) 00:13, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
Name Entry glitchEdit
Recently I added a user poll to the controllers page because I was interested in knowing which controllers people play with the most. As of right now, the page (and the poll) have not had much traffic. I propose adding the controllers page as a featured article so it gets more traffic, and thus more polling. WillWario (talk) 15:09, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
To me, both the Master Hand and Crazy Hand articles could be featured. They are well written and intriguing. I'm new here, but I found a lot about both bosses when reading. And I've never even fought them. Movie138music (talk) 20:39, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
I think that this is a good detailed article, like many of the other Brawl character pages. I think that these all should be featured as they are all long and highly detailed. Then again, the main reason for nomination may be because it is my favourite character in Brawl. Solar Dragon (Talk) 20:21, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
- Read my nomination. Solar Dragon (Talk) 20:21, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
Agreed. It has... everything. 22.214.171.124 04:01, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I think Lucario should be featured. The article looks very nice & professional. Thomas16521 (talk) 00:19, January 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Once it's cleaned up, it'll look good. Right now the only thing bringing it down is the massive section that needs to be fixed; otherwise, it's pretty darn good. HavocReaper'48 23:56, April 15, 2010 (UTC)
Before Mako Shark and I came along, this page was nothing but a pitiful stub, despite being perhaps the most important new technique introduced in Brawl. Since this page was so underdeveloped, it inspired me to research momentum canceling in more depth. Through testing, I found that stall-then fall attacks do not aid in momentum canceling, that Ike and Snake experience better results using an air dodge instead of their fastest aerial, all of the special moves that do aid in momentum canceling and most importantly, I found out the momentum canceling abilities of every character in the game. I would expand this article by rewriting the intro, adding the vertical and horizontal momentum canceling charts, explain both forms of momentum canceling in more detail, and describe the special moves that negate momentum better than the basic method. Mako Shark helped me greatly on this page as she rearranged the information, did a grammer revision of the article and overall, made the article just look and read much better. Together, we spent hours of hard work giving momentum canceling the page it deserves. I would have to say it is our best article we have on any SSB technique, with the wavedashing article being the only other one that is comparable (which was also a featured article in the past). Omega Tyrant 15:49, May 12, 2010 (UTC)
- While I might be considered biased, I agree that this page has a detailed, thoroughly researched collection of useful data that can easily be referenced and understood by people. Mako Shark (talk) 06:08, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- While I kinda understand it, other people can use it to increase there skills.--Megatron1 (talk) 02:14, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- This page has my full support. Zeldasmash (talk) 04:28, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
- It's really well written. I'm for it. 126.96.36.199 02:22, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
I finished this article, and OT took it even further. The moveset has good info, and it has a well written strategy section with even more good info, not to mention a good amount of trivia. --HavocReaper'48 23:31, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Of course I'll support this page being an featured article, personally putting my years of experience and knowledge about Ganondorf into this article. However, I believe that the Priority and Momentum Canceling pages should be featured before this one. Omega Tyrant 15:50, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
- I have to agree. The page is detailed and i like Ganondorf in Melee. My vote for being a featured article is a yes. User:Zeldasmash Zeldasmash (talk) 22:22, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
- This is a very complete, clean article. What more can you want in an article? Dr. Pain 99 Talk 04:55, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- In order to be feature article worthy, the opening paragraph must be extended. Clarinet Hawk (talk · contributions) 03:57, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Ok then, I'll be sure to that. Omega Tyrant 04:00, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I am with Ivy User:ZeldasmashZeldasmash (talk) 21:27, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Now that I've proofread the article, I'm in full support of it being featured content. Mr. Anon (talk) 20:07, June 24, 2010 (UTC)