The Wario Waft is Wario's Down Special Move, which makes use of his fart to attack opponents. It becomes more powerful as time passes, ranging from a tiny "poot" to a massive explosion, which has high knockback and damage.
Half-charged, it is his fastest and strongest KO move, activating in only 3 frames, incredibly fast for a very powerful move. When the attack is fully charged, Wario will flash brownish. The charge takes about 1 minute and 48 seconds.
A fully charged Wario Waft from normal Wario does 42% damage (40% plus 2% freshness bonus). He also flies into the air a distance that is nearly unrivaled by any other recovery move. However, it's possible to self-destruct if Wario flies off the top of the Blast Line from performing this move fully charged. While he's Wario-Man, the Wario Waft can do 50% damage if fully charged, and even if it isn't charged up, it has unimaginable power, and is a One-Hit KO (it will KO Wario as well). If Wario turns into Wario-Man and eats a Super Mushroom during a Giant Special Brawl, a fully charged Wario Waft is capable of dealing 140% damage. If the Waft is fully charged it is capable to headbutt players while rising. It does less damage if hit while he is rising, but has amazing vertical knockback. It can be set up by an Up Throw, and also has some use in edgeguarding. Fully charged, Wario Waft also has Super Armor. Wario Waft is the second chargable attack which charge lasts across lives, the other one being Oil Panic; for example if Wario is KO'd with when Wario Waft is half-charged, the attack will still be half-charged when he respawns.
A small fart deals 10%-13% with minor knockback that can kill around 150%. A more charged but not fully charged Wario Waft (any Waft between about 1 minute and 1 minute and 49 seconds) deals from 23% to 33% with considerable knockback, enough to KO most high damage opponents. It's best to use it in the air due to Wario's aerial mobility, but in the ground can also be used for punishing the opponent's laggy attack. The longer the half charged Wario Waft is, the higher damage and knockback it has, and when only one second is left to be fully charged it can KO at percentages as low as 50% or even lower if the character is light. Not only is a half-charged Waft lethal, but its quick start up time makes it a potent surprise and powerful-punishing attack.
|Wario's Special Moves|
|Standard Special Move:||Chomp|
|Side Special Move:||Wario Bike|
|Up Special Move:||Corkscrew|
|Down Special Move:||Wario Waft|
The move is loosely based on a minigame in WarioWare: Smooth Moves where Wario farts briefly, but it doesn't create an explosion. Wario also farts in the game Mario Strikers Charged as his Special Move. However, ths game was announced after Brawl, yet released a year before. It's possible that his move in Mario Strikers Charged comes from this game, or vice versa. The only difference is that the gas in said game is green, and only explodes when it touches fire, such as the lava in the Lava Pit, or Bowser's Fire Storm attack.
- The Wario Waft begins charging once Wario enters the stage. Since the characters in a match enter the stage at different times, this can give a slight (though realistically negligible) advantage to the Wario that enters first in a ditto match.
- This is one of the reasons why Brawl has a Crude Humor rating.
- In the first trailer, Wario farts, creating a huge mushroom-shaped cloud before the faces of several shocked Smashers. Some people believed this was going to be his Final Smash. It's possible that it was planned to be one before it was decided to be made into Wario's Down Special Move.
- In the same trailer, it can be seen that Wario's belly sticks a bit out of his shirt when he is about to unleash the fart. Curiously, this happens in the actual game, but it's only noticeable when he is in his biker outfit.
- In Mario Strikers Charged, Wario's "Gas Mask" explodes if Bowser lights it on fire, but "Wario Waft" does not explode if lit on fire by Bowser, Charizard, or Kirby (when he has copied either's Neutral Special Move). Also, in the same game, Wario's fart gas is green, whereas in Brawl the gas is a light brown.
- A fully charged Wario Waft gives Wario the highest vertical recovery in the game.
- When the fart is fully charged, if Wario Chomps another player, they will glow the brownish color.
- Utilization of Wario-Man will make Wario Waft charge up quicker, but if used at full charge there is a higher chance of Self-destruct.